Saturday, January 20, 2007

On a night like tonight...

On a night like tonight, after one has repeatedly washed sippy cups, cleaned snotty noses and thrown away the confetti of countless tissues, hugged a crying little one, filled and emptied the dishwasher twice, cooked, done laundry, and cleaned up after everyone, I would really like to do the following. Take a hot bubble bath while reading a great book and sipping a glass of wine. Then I would eat Chinese in bed and continue to read all night long until I finished the book. Then I would sleep until I woke up on my own, not from the voice of my little darling in the monitor. And then someone would bring me coffee and breakfast in bed. What a day dream! Did I mention that the morning I would awake to would be sunny with spring birds singing? Ha, while I'm at it I would weight 125 and have a killer figure! oh well, thanks for listening to my daydream. I know all you moms stuck in your ice castle homes day after day can relate!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous! Sign me up!! :) Could we add "and I'd have a maid to do all my work for me from now on..." to the list? If so, put me down for that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the sick/cold yuckiness! Today's high is gonna be 35...BLAH. And Addie now has her 3rd cold in her short life. She's averaging one a month! CAN"T WAIT 'TIL SUMMER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How blessed I was to read this...I'm not alone! I would also like to add waking up in a bed-breakfast somewhere in the country...hehe!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to this. Just reading your thoughts helped me feel better. A mother's work is the hardest job in the world. Of course it is the most rewarding also. There is no one who can understand except another mother. I want us all to remember to pray for each other and for our "day dreams" to come true sooner than later and for our kids to be healthy, loved and to know Jesus. Thanks for writing!!
    Allison B.

    ReplyDelete